- Cameron's promise of a vote in 2016 is nothing more than a cynical ploy to prevent conservative votes bleeding out to UKIP
- If it works and he wins the election we still will not get to vote as 'the time will not be right', or 'the conditions will be wrong.'
- If this strategy fails, as it probably will, then Labour will form the next government.
- We will not be offered the opportunity to vote.
- If Cameron wanted to hold a referendum, he could easily do it within the next six months or so.
- By delaying he buys time for there to be various new rules and regulations brought in that would aid a yes campaign and hinder any no campaign. New rules surrounding the press freedom could be used and remember all three major parties would actively push for a yes vote, funded from taxation.
- Even if the vote was to leave, we would just keep having to have further referendum until the 'correct' result was achieved.
How do we do that? Well, that's for another session. Things are getting interesting.